12 Toronto Mets Named to Canadian Futures Showcase
The biggest amateur baseball tournament in Canada makes its long-awaited return with the 8th annual Canadian Futures Showcase, running from September 20 to 24 in Ottawa, Ontario.
Hosted by the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Academy, the event enables Canada’s rising amateur talent with draft and college eligibility to further their athletic and academic careers, by exposing them to MLB scouts and college recruiters.
Traditionally hosted in Toronto at Rogers Centre, the Canadian Futures Showcase will be held at Ottawa Stadium (RCTG Park) for this year only, due to contractual obligations and unforeseen scheduling challenges at Rogers Centre.
The showcase splits players evenly between six teams to compete against each other in a tournament-style format, starting with a scout day on September 20th, and concluding with a prospects game and home run derby on the final day. Players were selected through a series of open tryouts and in-person evaluations that ran nationally over the spring and summer.
Since 2013, 110 former Canadian Futures Showcase participants have been drafted by Major League Baseball organizations, with more than 500 receiving college scholarships.
The Toronto Mets would like to congratulate the 12 players named to the Canadian Futures Showcase.
- RHP - Mac Robertson - Team Black
- OF - Brodey Bitove - Team Grey
- C - Nate King - Team Grey
- RHP - Jack Pineau - Team Grey
- RHP - Alex Uher - Team Grey
- INF - Veer Wadhwani - Team Grey
- OF - Calvin Warrillow - Team Grey
- RHP - Ethan Swaby - Team Navy
- RHP - RJ James - Team Red
- INF - BJ Peart - Team Red
- RHP - Parker Burgess - Team Royal
- LHP - Ryan Press - Team Royal